Senior Home Visits
Help brighten the lives of senior citizens and patients in rehab facilities by bringing furry friends for a fun visit! During the week, volunteers bring A&F adoptable dogs or their own alumnis to spread love to the residents at senior homes around the city.
- Upcoming schedule:
- Thursday 7/7 at 3:00 PM, Colonial Oaks Spring Hill
- Friday 7/8 at 2:00 PM, Colonial Oaks Leawood
- Wednesday 7/13 at 10:30 AM, Spring Hill Rehab
- Thursday 7/21 at 3:00 PM, Colonial Oaks Spring Hill
- Friday 7/22 at 2:00 PM, Colonial Oaks Leawood
- Wednesday 7/27 at 10:30 AM, Spring Hill Rehab
- Please arrive at the barn early enough to pick up a pup and drive to the facility. We often carpool to the Spring Hill facilities and meet up at the Leawood facility.
- Most visits last about 30 minutes.
- Masks and COVID vaccination required per the facility’s requirement
The list below will be updated regularly with upcoming events that we need volunteers to help with!
- Starbucks Adoption Event
- Sunday July 10th from 10-12
- Overland Park (127th & Antioch)
- Grab an adoptable pup and come enjoy pup cups on the patio while we try to rope in some adopters with these cute pups!
- Visiting Kids Group
- July 14th from 2:30 – 3:45 pm
- Group of 12 kiddos will be coming out on these days to meet the pups and do a little work around the farm!
- Miami County Parade
- Wednesday July 27th at 6 pm
- Paola Town Square
- Grab a pup from the barn, Oz, your foster pup, or just bring yourself to join us in this parade! Our adoptable pups will walk or ride on our trailer and we will pass out candy.
- Main Event Block Party
- Sunday July 31st
- Main Event in Olathe
- Help bring pups to this adoption event where there will be a lot of vendors and tons of people to see our pups! We will have a tent, bring your foster pup or a pup from any of our locations.
- National Night Out Adoption Event
- Tuesday August 2nd from 6-9 pm
- Osawatomie Sports Complex
- The Sheriff’s office has invited us to set up a booth at their event and we would love to have some adoptable dogs there to help spread the word about us and all the amazing work that the Oz Pound does down there!
- Cornhole Tournament Adoption Event
- Thursday August 4th from 2:45-4:45 pm
- Kiewit in Lenexa
- This company is hosting a Cornhole Tournament to fundraise for A&F! They asked if we could bring a few pups out for everyone to meet. Grab a pup from the barn, Oz, Greely, or your foster pup and bring them to the event!
- 5K-9 at De Soto Days
- Sunday September 4th at 7 am
- De Soto, KS
- Help A&F put on it’s first 5k ever! We are partnering with the historic De Soto Days Festival and will need volunteers to help check in guests, run the stop clock, play music, man water stations, and assist runners.
- Labor Day Parade
- Monday September 5th (morning)
- Volunteers needed to walk pups through the parade, grab a pup from the barn, Oz, Greely, or your foster pup!
- Open Hangar Days Adoption Event
- Saturday September 10 from 10-3 pm
- New Century Airport
- Lunch provided for volunteers
- Grab a pup from the barn and bring them to this adoption event! The event will be held inside the airplane hangar, we will have an info table with a spot for the dogs to hang out all day long!
- Spring Hill Fall Festival & Parade
- Parade – Saturaday Sept 24th at 10 am (line up at 8 am)
- Festival – all day Saturday the 24th & Sunday the 25th
- Spring Hill City Park
- Volunteers needed to walk pups through the parade and also bring pups to our merch tent during the festival!
- Tee Up for Tails Golf Tournament
- Friday September 30th from 9 am – 2 pm
- Fred Arbanas Golf Course, Lee’s Summit
- Volunteers needed all hands on deck for this event! Stay tuned to see how you can help. We will need people to run the check in table, monitor the silent auction, deliver refreshments to golfers, and more!
- CROP Walk
- Saturday October 8th
- Kansas City
- The CROP organization is seeking new ways to fundraiser for their cause relating to world hunger. A&F is partnering with them to bring some of our adoptable dogs out! We will either have them help out at water stations or find volunteers to have them actually walk through the course.
All our pups have medical issues and are always needing transport from different locations to the vets we use around the metro!
- Vets we commonly use:
- Gardner Animal Hospital
- Red Oak in Bucyrus
- Dearborn Animal Clinic in Mission
- Blue Spring Animal Hospital
- Heritage Animal Hospital in Spring Hill
- Blue Pearl Pet Hospital of Overland Park, Lee’s Summit, and KCMO
- Wellspring Animal Hosptial of Wichita
- VESH – Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Hospital of Wichita
- Email email@example.com to help out
We rescue pups from all over the country and always need more drivers to help pick up these poor pups from the kill shelters and help deliver them to the barn or a foster home, you get to be the first bit of A&F love these pups receive!
- We need help everywhere, but mostly pull our animals from Wichita, Oklahoma City, rural Oklahoma, Eastern Kansas, Northern Arkansas, and St. Louis
- Join our Freedom Drivers Facebook page to learn more!