Senior Home Visits
Help brighten the lives of senior citizens and patients in rehab facilities by bringing furry friends for a fun visit! During the week, volunteers bring A&F adoptable dogs or their own alumnis to spread love to the residents at senior homes around the city.
- Upcoming schedule:
- Friday 11/10 at 2:00 pm, Colonial Oaks Leawood
- Wednesday 11/15 at 10:30 am, Spring Hill Rehab
- Thursday 11/16 at 3:00 pm, Colonial Oaks Spring Hill
- Friday 11/24 at 2:00 pm, Colonial Oaks Leawood
- Wednesday 11/29 at 10:30 am, Spring Hill Rehab
- Thursday 11/30 at 3:00 pm, Colonial Oaks Spring Hill
- Please arrive at the barn early enough to pick up a pup and drive to the facility. We often carpool to the Spring Hill facilities and meet up at the Leawood facility.
- Most visits last about 30 minutes.
- Masks and COVID vaccination recommended but not required per the facility’s request
The list below will be updated regularly with upcoming events that we need volunteers to help with! If you’d like to receive notifications every time an event is added, follow our Event Volunteers Facebook Page!
- Adoption Event at Kendra Scott
- Sunday November 26th from 12:30 – 2:30 pm
- Kendra Scott, Leawood
- We are going back to Kendra Scott again! We are allowed to set up inside so the pups will stay warm. A percentage of all sales will go to A&F, so help us make a good presence and please sign up to help bring a foster or barn pup!
All our pups have medical issues and are always needing transport from different locations to the vets we use around the metro!
- Vets we commonly use:
- Stepping Stone Animal Hospital
- Dearborn Animal Clinic in Mission
- Blue Springs Animal Hospital
- Heritage Animal Hospital in Spring Hill
- Blue Pearl Pet Hospital of Overland Park, Lee’s Summit, and KCMO
- Wellspring Animal Hosptial of Wichita
- VESH – Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Hospital of Wichita
- Email email@example.com to help out
We rescue pups from all over the country and always need more drivers to help pick up these poor pups from the kill shelters and help deliver them to the barn or a foster home, you get to be the first bit of A&F love these pups receive!
- We need help everywhere, but mostly pull our animals from Wichita, Oklahoma City, rural Oklahoma, Eastern Kansas, Northern Arkansas, and St. Louis
- Join our Freedom Drivers Facebook page to learn more!