Senior Home Visits
Help brighten the lives of senior citizens and patients in rehab facilities by bring some furry friends for a fun visit! Twice a month, usually during the week, volunteers bring A&F adoptable dogs or their own alumnis to spread love to the residents at senior homes around the city.
- Upcoming schedule:
- Thursday 5/19 at 3:00 PM, Colonial Oaks Spring Hill
- Wednesday 5/25 at 10:30 AM, Spring Hill Rehab
- Friday 5/27 at 2:00 PM, Colonial Oaks Leawood
- Please arrive at the barn early enough to pick up a pup and drive to the facility. We often carpool to the Spring Hill facilities and meet up at the Leawood facility.
- Most visits last about 30 minutes.
- Masks and COVID vaccination required per the facility’s requirement
The list below will be updated regularly with upcoming events that we need volunteers to help with!
- Starbucks Adoption Event
- Sunday May 22nd at 10 am
- Overland Park (Antioch & 127th)
- This Starbucks is wanting to help find homes for animals in need and has invited us out for an adoption event! Depending on participation, we can either use their patio area or the open lot next to them.
- Open House at the Little Red Barn
- Sunday May 29th at 11 am
- LRB (Spring Hill, KS)
- The barn is open for business! 20 people will be signing up to come tour the barn and meet the pups, we could use some volunteers to come help organize the pups and show our guests around!
- Starbucks Adoption Event
- Saturday June 4th at 10 am
- Leawood (119th & Glenwood, between Metclaf/Nall)
- This Starbucks is wanting to help find homes for animals in need and has invited us out for an adoption event!
- KC Pride Parade
- Saturday June 11th from 8 am – 1 pm
- Grab a pup from the barn, Oz pound, your foster pup, or just bring yourself to join us in the KC Pride Parade! Our adoptable pups will walk or ride on our trailer and we will pass out candy while dressed in our most colorful attire. This is great exposure for us in an area where many people don’t know who we are!
- Visiting Kids Group
- June 14th & 20th from 2:30 – 3:45 pm
- Groups of 12 kiddos will be coming out on these days to meet the pups and do a little work around the farm!
- John Brown Jamboree Parade
- Thursday June 16th from 6-8 pm
- Osawatomie, KS
- Grab a pup from the Oz Pound, barn, your foster pup, or just bring yourself to join us in this parade! Our adoptable pups will walk or ride on our trailer and we will pass out candy. This is great exposure to promote the Oz Pound and all the wonderful things it does for their city!
- Open Hangar Days Adoption Event
- Saturday July 9 & September 10 from 10-3 pm
- New Century Airport
- Lunch provided for volunteers
- Grab a pup from the barn and bring them to this adoption event! The event will be held inside the airplane hangar, we will have an info table with a spot for the dogs to hang out all day long!
- Spring Hill Fall Festival & Parade
- Parade – Saturaday Sept 24th at 10 am (line up at 8 am)
- Festival – all day Saturday the 24th & Sunday the 25th
- Spring Hill City Park
- Volunteers needed to walk pups through the parade and also bring pups to our merch tent during the festival!
All our pups have medical issues and are always needing transport from different locations to the vets we use around the metro!
- Vets we commonly use:
- Gardner Animal Hospital
- Red Oak in Bucyrus
- Dearborn Animal Clinic in Mission
- Blue Spring Animal Hospital
- Heritage Animal Hospital in Spring Hill
- Blue Pearl Pet Hospital of Overland Park, Lee’s Summit, and KCMO
- Wellspring Animal Hosptial of Wichita
- VESH – Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Hospital of Wichita
- Email email@example.com to help out
We rescue pups from all over the country and always need more drivers to help pick up these poor pups from the kill shelters and help deliver them to the barn or a foster home, you get to be the first bit of A&F love these pups receive!
- We need help everywhere, but mostly pull our animals from Wichita, Oklahoma City, rural Oklahoma, Eastern Kansas, Northern Arkansas, and St. Louis
- Join our Freedom Drivers Facebook page to learn more!